Friday 5 June 2009

Welcome!




Hi there!


This blog is dedicated to celebrating my favourite type of wrist jewellery. You will find tips, links,pictures and my latest discoveries. there will also be free giv aways every month so please feel free to join in and enjoy.


We are talking about the colectable bead bracelets some times know as "European Charm Bracelets" but mostly known, by the names of the leading brands such as Pandora, Troll, Lovelinks, Chamilia (and believe me there are many many more).


If you have never heard of this concept, here's how it works;


You buy a base bracelet that can range from £5 up to £55 depending on your choice. To decide what size to buy, bear in mind that if you fill the bracelet up with beads it has to be bigger than your normal bracelet size. For example I havea 6.75"/17cm wrist and I wear an 8.5/22cm bracelet. I will cover the full size range later.


Then you collect beads to fill up your bracelet, there are many different types of beads (sometimes described as "Big Hole Beads") including solid silver, gold, lampwork glass, gemstone, crystal, faceted glass and many more.


What I LOVE about this system is that now I have a collection of lots of different colours I can make up a bracelet to match most every outfit that I have and the beads great presents and swaps. And the Silver ones come in hundreds of different shapes so you can make a collection very personal to you.




2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the two silver flowery beads in the photo
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ali the top one is a lovelinks one and the bottom one is from 1st for beads on ebay.
    xx

    ReplyDelete